It’s almost New Year 🙂 Time to take your resolution (seriously, make one for yourself, go for it! ) and read on because today you are in luck. Why? For you, we have an exercise straight from our big workshop, and tailored for your New Year’s Resolution. High five!
*In this exercise, you need to let things flow. That means don’t judge your responses, just write down the first thing that comes to mind. Look in the mirror and listen to your first thoughts. This is crucial.
Our workshop alumni have this down, but if you haven’t attended, Marcelle is going to do an example right here in this post of her own New Year Resolution Five Whys.
Marcelle’s resolution is “in 2015 I am going to develop great communication with our clients.”
First reaction, written down: “No, it won’t happen.”
Now she’ll do the Five Whys:
1) Why won’t it happen? Because other stuff will come up and take my time.
2) Why will other stuff come up? Because it always does!
3) Why does other stuff always come up? Because I see this ‘other stuff’ as distractions rather than guides towards my goal.
4) Why do I see the other stuff as distractions from the goal? Because it can get so busy, it is hard to step back and see the bigger picture.
5) Why is it hard to see the bigger picture? Because I’m trained to deal with the immediate problems.
Now, this is an unfinished place to leave things. That’s why the Five Whys doesn’t stop here. She’ll reuse the first sentence, “In 2015 we are going to develop great communication with our clients” – and write down the first thing that comes to mind. Then do the five whys again. She’ll repeat this until she begins to feel a strong resolution that empowers her for 2015.
Your turn! Give it a try with your New Year’s resolution, and feel free to share your insights in the comments.
Happy New Year!
Marcelle & Tony
Want to meet with Marcelle or Tony? They want to meet you too ;
Awakening Potentials is a health & lifestyle practice coupling the chiropractic, methylation, supplementation, energy system and a deep understanding of how our bodies are wired into our emotions. Come say hi with our initial two-consultation offer.
Awakening Potentials is a close-knit team of natural health professionals and personal results experts who help individuals improve there health and achieve greater success. We've worked with many thousands of clients since 1979.
© 1979 - 2018 - Awakening Potentials